Thursday, September 16, 2010

Homemade Sauce!


3 large cans petite diced tomatoes (I use Hunt's)
3 cans tomato sauce (Hunt's)
1 garlic
1 white onion
Italian seasoning (I like McCormick’s)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 pound ground sirloin
1 pound ground Italian sausage
4 bone in pork chops

I a large stock pot drizzle a little olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. 
Smash garlic with knife and put in pot.
Dice onion and also add to pot to sauté with a little butter.
After onions are browned add the ground beef and brown. 
Once ground beef is browned take everything out of pan and set aside in a bowl. 
Put the Italian sausage in pan and brown.  Once that is browned add the ingredients that you set aside back into pot.
Add all of the diced tomatoes and sauce, onions and the Italian seasoning (use as much or as little as you like). 
Stir everything up and the toss the pork chops on top.
 Set the heat to low and let cook for a few hours, I usually let mine cook for 3 to 4 hours.  You can then use the sauce for spaghetti, lasagna or anything you want! Eat the pork chops and enjoy the sauce! There is generally enough to freeze as well so get your Tupperware prepared. 

1 comments:

Inspiring You To Save! said...

Visiting from the Blog Hops! I love your site. I can't wait to get to know you better. Stop by when you get the chance. I have a Meet Me Monday blog hop and I would love if you could join in.

http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

Post a Comment