Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What to do...

Liam is almost a year old (08/30/09) and I am so excited to see him grow everyday.  Since the day he was born I have nursed him.  I knew before he was born that I wanted to nurse him and have been thankful everyday that he still wants to nurse.  I know that many moms don't nurse and that is okay too, it just wasn't an option for me, so there is no judging here.  Liam has never been sick once, no ear infections, no fever, no colds, no flu, nada,!  I think that it all has to do with nursing.  In the begining I had to adjust my eating because it seemed everything I put in my mouth gave him gas and for the first few months it hurt him.  So, I cut out all dairy, onions, garlic, bread and chocolate.  The chocolate didn't last long (I LOVE chocolate) but it gives him gas still! I began introducing sippy cups to Liam when he was 6 months old at the request of his Doc.  He had no interest in water or the juice I tried to give him. Now, he loves getting water from his sippy cup and drinking out of my cups with a straw.  He loves water and lemonade.  I thought I would be sneaky and start to introduce milk, no go.  Liam wants absolutely nothing to do with it at all, he wants boobs! How in the world do I wean him?! I am at a loss.  I try to replace daily nursing with a sippy cup and he spazzes out and goes for my boobs.  At night, he is all over me for boobs.  It is actually funny now when he sees them he comes right for me trying to nurse.  I don't know what to do!

2 comments:

The Adventures of a Blondie Mommie said...

Haha! Another boobie man! Jackson is the SAME way! I've been telling people he'll probably nurse until he's 21 if he has his way! LOL! Seriously though, I'm not in a huge rush to wean him. I'm also pretty proud that I've nursed him for so long (almost 8 months!) and if we go longer than a year then it's icing on the cake. The WHO recommends nursing for 2 years or beyond anyways! Great job with sticking with it for so long!

Lourie said...

My son nursed til he was 7 months old...but I was done. I wanted my body back. However, he did not want a bottle at all! It took some doing. We tried several bottles before we landed the right one. Can't remember what it was. One thing that helped was to have someone else give him the bottle. My son will be 5 in October. He is constantly poking and smashing and basically playing with my boobs! Sheesh kid! I have to tell him no...all.the.time! Good luck.

Post a Comment